Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Entry #3

Due to midterms, tests, tutoring and playing hockey, I was a little delayed at writing this entry. I am trying my best to get as much tutoring in as possible, but due to midterm exams I had to take a couple of weeks off. Since I came back I have noticed that not as many students stay for help anymore. I think it’s because we finally have snow and kids just can not wait to get out of school to go outside and play, or go sledding or whatever it is they enjoy doing. Although I enjoy tutoring this is giving me a break and letting me have a bit of time to myself after school. Because I have such a busy schedule I rarely get a break or any time to myself. I play sports, I enjoy reading, I volunteer at special events in the town, I am doing all possible advanced courses at my school, I play in the Jazz Band and the Concert Band, so getting a little “me time” is good for me. I know that once the snow starts to go away and report cards are just around the corner again, there will be a lot of students starting to stay to try to boost their grades again. That’s usually the way it works; kids come before report cards and right after but after a couple weeks they begin to lose interest and stop coming. Once final exams come around, especially for the students who have not written exams before there will be a lot more students than usual staying behind for extra help with little things they may have forgotten over the months, et cetera.

Well that’s entry #3!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment